Tuesday 25 October 2011

va - Goodbye, Babylon [Dust-to-Digital, 2004] [C90 edit]


"In February 1999 a college radio disc jockey named Lance Ledbetter set out on a mission to compile rare and essential recordings of vintage religious music. Four and a half years later the result of this journey was released as a box set called Goodbye, Babylon. The set consists of five CDs featuring 135 Songs (1902-1960) and one CD featuring 25 Sermons (1926-1941). Accompanying the CDs is a 200 page book with Bible verses, complete lyric transcriptions, and notes for each recording. All of the components is reverently packed with raw cotton and housed in a deluxe 8" x 11" x 2.5" cedar box."[Dust-to-Digital]

Here is an edited version of this high quality box set, trimmed to fit a C90 tape.

Original tracklist:
01. Rev. T. T. Rose and Singers - Goodbye, Babylon pt. I
02. Da Costa Woltz's Southern Broadcasters - Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb
03. Roosevelt Graves and Brother - Woke up this Morning (with My Mind on Jesus)
04. Alabama Sacred Harp Singers - Present Joys
05. Blind Lemon Jefferson - All I Need is that Pure Religion
06. J. E. Mainer's Mountaineers - Satisfied
07. Chuck Wagon Gang - As the Life of a Flower
08. Holy Ghost Sanctified Singers - Thou Carest Lord, for Me
09. Washington Phillips - Lift Him up That's All
10. Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet - Rock My Soul
11. Ernest V. Stoneman's Dixie Mountaineers - There's a Light Lit up in Galilee
12. Arizona Dranes - Crucifixion
13. The Blue Chips - Crying Holy unto the Lord
14. Louvin Brothers - I'll Never Go Back
15. Mahalia Jackson - God's Gonna Separate the Wheat from the Tares
16. Luther Magby - Blessed are the Poor in Spirit
17. Rev. Gary Davis - I Belong to the Band - Hallelujah!
18. Carter Family - River of Jordan
19. Lil McClintock - Sow Good Seeds
20. Bryant's Jubilee Quartet - I'll Be Satisfied
21. Frank Palmes - Troubled 'Bout My Soul
22. Bascom Lamar Lunsford - Dry Bones
23. Carlisle Brothers - Jesus My All
24. Taskiana Four - Creep Along, Moses
25. Tennessee Music and Printing Company Quartet - Joy Bells
26. Elder David Ross - He Gave Me a Heart to Love
27. Bessie Jones and the Sea Island Singers - O Day
28. Brother Claude Ely - There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down
29. Elder Curry and His Congregation - Memphis Flu
30. Sister O. M. Terrell - The Bible's Right
31. Stanley Brothers - Standing in the Need of Prayer
32. Carl Smith with the Carter Sisters and Mother Maybelle - Blood That Stained the Old Rugged Cross
33. Thomas A. Dorsey - How About You
34. Skip James - Jesus is a Mighty Good Leader
35. Charles Butts Sacred Harp Singers - Murillo's Lesson
36. Kentucky Ramblers - Glory Glory Glory Glory to the Lamb
37. Elder Richard Bryant - Come Over Here
38. Jaybird Coleman - I'm Gonna Cross the River of Jordan
39. Trumpeteers - Milky White Way
40. Johnson Family Singers - Deliverance will Come
41. North Carolina Cooper Boys - Daniel in the Den of Lions
42. Sister Cally Fancy - Goin' to Heaven in the Sanctified Way
43. Jimpson - No More, My Lord
44. King's Sacred Quartet - This World Can't Stand Long
45. Virginia Dandies - God's Getting Worried
46. Empire Jubilee Quartet - Get Right Church
47. Rosie Hibler and Family - Move, Members, Move
48. Huggins-Phillips Sacred Harp Singers - Lover of the Lord
49. A. A. Gray and Seven Foot Dilly - The Old Ark's A Moving
50. Blind Roger Hays - On My Way to Heaven
51. Uncle Dave Macon - The Bible's True
52. Price Family Sacred Singers - Ship of Glory
53. Elders McIntorsh & Edwards - Since I Laid My Burden Down
54. Elder Effie Hall and Congregation - Precious Lord Hold My Hand
55. Blind Willie Davis - When the Saints Go Marching In
56. Lion and the Cyril Monrose String Orchestra - Jonah, Come out the Wilderness
57. Dinwiddie Colored Quartet - Down on the Old Camp Ground
58. Norfolk Jubilee Quartet - My Lord's Gonna Move this Wicked Race
59. Edward W. Clayborn - Your Enemy Cannot Harm You (But Watch Your Close Friend)
60. McVay and Johnson - Ain't Going To Lay My Armor Down
61. James and Martha Carson - I'll Fly Away
62. Alabama Sacred Harp Singers - Heavenly Vision
63. Blind Willie Johnson - Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying
64. Jubilee Gospel Team - Lower My Dying Head
65. Two Gospel Keys - You've Got to Move
66. Flatt and Scruggs - That Home Above
67. Golden Gate Quartet - Golden Gate Gospel Train
68. Roosevelt Graves and Brother - I'll Be Rested (When the Roll is Called)
69. Eddie Head and His Family - Down on Me
70. Blind Joe Taggart - Goin' to Rest Where Jesus Is
71. Louis Washington - Got Heaven in My View
72. Rev. Sister Mary Nelson - Judgment
73. Cotton Top Mountain Sanctified Singers - I Want Two Wings to Veil My Face
74. Rev. D. C. Rice - We Got the Same Kinda Power over Here
75. Washington Phillips - What are They Doing in Heaven Today?
76. T.C.I. Women's Four - That Great Day
77. North Canton Quartet - I'm Bound for Home
78. Washington White - I am in the Heavenly Way
79. Sam Morgan's Jazz Band - Over in the Glory Land
80. Rev. Anderson Johnson - Death in the Morning
81. Maddox Brothers & Rose - In the Land Where We'll Never Grow Old
82. Dock Walsh - Bathe in that Beautiful Pool
83. Hank Williams - I'll Have a New Body
84. Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper - Walking My Lord Up Calvary's Hill
85. Sheffield Quartet - Christ Arose
86. Thomas A. Dorsey - If You See My Savior
87. Jubilee Gospel Team - Let Jesus Lead You
88. Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet - Found a Wonderful Savior
89. Arizona Dranes and Choir - He Is My Story
90. Ernest V. Stoneman and His Dixie Mountaineers - I Remember Calvary
91. Blind Willie Johnson - Take Your Burden to the Lord and Leave It There
92. Rev. W. M. Mosley - If You Follow Jesus
93. Blind Benny Paris & Wife - Hide Me in the Blood of Jesus
94. Wade Mainer - I'll be a Friend to Jesus
95. Tennessee Mountaineers - Standing on the Promises
96. Mother McCollum - Jesus is My Air-O-Plane
97. Sam Jones - I've Got Salvation
98. Blind Alfred Reed - I Mean to Live for Jesus
99. Heavenly Gospel Singers - When Was Jesus Born
100. Blue Sky Boys - Come to the Savior
101. Dorothy Melton - I Want Jesus to Walk with Me
102. Laura Henton - He's Coming Soon
103. Okeh - Atlanta Sacred Harp Singers - Return Again
104. Blind Gary Davis - I am the True Vine
105. Bela Lam and His Greene County Singers - Sweet Story of Old
106. Elder Harris - I'll Lead a Christian Life
107. Famous Blue Jay Singers - I'm Leaning on the Lord
108. Blind Willie Harris - Where He Leads Me I Will Follow
109. Luther Magby - Jesus is Getting us Ready
110. Silver Leaf Quartette - Daniel Saw the Stone
111. Alfred Karnes - Called to the Foreign Field
112. Ridgel's Fountain Citians - Hallelujah to the Lamb
113. Deacon A. Wilson - You Need Jesus on Your Side
114. Pace Jubilee Singers - You'd Better Mind
115. J.T. Allison's Sacred Harp Singers - Exhilaration
116. Ernest Phipps & Congreagation - If the Light Has Gone Out of Your Soul
117. Brown's Ferry Four - Keep on the Firing Line
118. Bailes Brothers - Romans Ten and Nine
119. Wade Mainer - Standing Outside
120. Monroe Brothers Sinner - You Better Get Ready
121. Blind Willie McTell - I Got to Cross the River of Jordan
122. Dock Reed and Vera Hall Ward - Free at Last
123. Bessie Johnson's Sanctified Singers - The Whole World In His Hand
124. Mahalia Jackson - Amazing Grace
125. Blind Mamie Forehand - Honey in the Rock
126. Seventh Day Adventist Choir - On Jordan's Stormy Banks We Stand
127. Elder J. E. Burch - My Heart Keeps Singing
128. Joshua White - I Don't Intend to Die in Egyptland
129. Daniels Deason Sacred Harp Singers - Primrose Hill
130. Carter Family - Keep On the Sunny Side
131. Mrs. L. Reed & Mrs. T. A. Duncans - Light in the Valley
132. The Georgia Peach - When the Saints Go Marching In
133. Jimmie Strothers - Down to the Shore
134. Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Strange Things Happening Every Day
135. Rev. T. T. Rose and Singers - Goodbye, Babylon pt. II
136. Rev. J. M. Gates - Gettin' Ready For Christmas Day
137. Rev. A. W. Nix - Black Diamond Express to Hell pt. I
138. Rev. A. W. Nix - Black Diamond Express to Hell pt. II
139. Rev. J. C. Burnett - The Downfall of Nebuchadnezzar
140. Rev. Isaiah Shelton - The Liar
141. Rev. Emmet Dickinson - Hell and What It Is
142. Elder J. E. Burch - The Church And the Kingdom
143. Rev. T. E. Weems - If I Have a Ticket Lord Can I Ride
144. Rev. Benny Campbell - You Must be Born Again
145. Rev. E. D. Campbell - Take Me to the Water
146. Jubilee Gospel Team - Oh, Lord Remember Me
147. Rev. E. S. (Shy) Moore - Christ, the Teacher
148. Rev. Johnny Blakey - King of Kings
149. Elder Otis Jones - O Lord I'm Your Child
150. Rev. Webb - Moses was Rescued by a Negro Woman
151. Rev. George Jones - That White Mule of Sin
152. Deacon Leon Davis - Deacon's Prayer Service
153. Rev. S. J. (Steamboat Bill) Worell - The Prodigal Son
154. Rev. C. H. Gatewood - Well of Salvation
155. Rev. F. W. McGee - Jonah in the Belly of the Whale
156. Rev. J. C. Burnett - The Gambler's Doom
157. Hallelujah Joe - The Prodigal's Return
158. Rev. T. E. Weems - God is Mad with Man
159. Rev. J. M. Milton - The Black Camel of Death
160. Rev. J. M. Gates - Death Might Be Your Santa Claus

2 comments: